Hypothyroidism Diet – Tips to Plan Hypothyroidism Diets to Lose Weight Due to an Underactive Thyroid
The thyroid glands are located in the neck. It secretes certain hormones that regulate your metabolism. The improper functioning of this gland leads to a problem called hypothyroidism. It is also known as under active thyroid. This problem is most common among the women. There are various symptoms of this disease like fatigue, low energy, constipation, muscle weakness and unexplained weight gain.
Weight gain is one symptom that bothers the female patients most. In this case your metabolic rate gets reduced and the burning process gets slower. You tend to gain more and more weight. There are several ways to get rid of this under active thyroid. But one of the safest and cheapest ways is the hypothyroidism diet.
This disease is often caused by various deficiencies in the diet. So, a proper diet may help you in treating this problem. It includes natural foods like whole grains, lots of fruits & vegetables, lean protein and good amount of seafood. Multi-vitamin is a good option to get rid of this disease.
Foods to be taken in Hypothyroidism Diet:
* Fiber is extremely helpful in controlling the weight gain. Take fiber rich foods like beans, whole wheat and oatmeal. It helps you get rid of constipation as well.
* Foods like walnut, cottonseed meal, soybean flour are helpful.
* Consult your physician as he may suggest you the right proportion of fat, proteins and minerals.
* Selenium is one of the most important nutrients of the hypothyroidism diet.
Things to be avoided:
* Avoid alcohol as it may lead to blood sugar fluctuations.
* Excess salt must be avoided.
* Avoid supplements in order to prevent potential interactions. You may take them before or after the medication but the gap must be long.
Acai berry is also a natural way of reducing the weight gain caused due to under active thyroid. This natural appetite suppressant helps you with all the essential nutrients. It also helps you get rid of several other symptoms by increasing your energy levels. It boosts your metabolism that is extremely important.
Inefficiency of metabolism is the prime cause for weight gain. The next step is to increase the metabolic rate to burn fat naturally.